Check the weekly Safeway Ad Sale, valid October 23 – October 29, 2019. Don’t miss the Safeway Circular, and get the latest deals on natural & organic groceries, fresh produce, meats, cheese, dairy items or bakery & deli promotions. Every week you can save up to $300 with coupons and deals, available in the weekly […]
Check the weekly Safeway Ad Sale, valid October 16 – October 22, 2019. Don’t miss the Safeway Circular, and get the latest deals on natural & organic groceries, fresh produce, meats, cheese, dairy items or bakery & deli promotions. Every week you can save up to $300 with coupons and deals, available in the weekly […]
Browse Safeway Weekly Ad Circular. Get this week Safeway Ad Sale Flyer, grocery deals and household savings. Save big with the retailer grocery sale specials and organic products sale.
Safeway is a hugely popular grocery store chain with more than 2,200 locations. These include Albertsons outlets; the two companies merged in January of 2015. Safeway is now the second largest grocery supermarket chain in North America following Kroger. Going off of revenue, the company also ranks at the 11th largest retailer in the United States. Stores are located throughout the country, in the western and central United States as well as the Eastern Seaboard and Mid-Atlantic region.
Safeway offers a broad selection of groceries, toiletries, and over-the-counter pharmaceutical products as well as household cleaners and detergents. While there are many in-store specials, customers can find even more discounts by searching through the weekly ad. This circular provides coupons for limited-time deals.
• Bakery for fresh breads, pies, and cakes.
• Deli for fresh meats and seafood and pre-prepared platters.
• Pharmacy for OTC and prescription medications and refills.
• Some Safeway stores also offer banking services.
• Additional money services allow customers to send and receive money, pay their bills, cash checks and money orders, and more.
• Safeway gift cards are available and can even be personalized or emailed.
• Safeway sells pre-paid phones and phone cards with no contracts or hidden fees.
• The Safeway weekly ad gives customers access to specials and coupons that cannot be found in-store.
Safeway Store History
The first Safeway was opened in 1915 by Marion Barton Skaggs, who purchased the store space from his father. Originally Skaggs’ stores were known as Skaggs United Stores and Skaggs Cash Stores. They were immediately all the rage and expanded rapidly. In 1926, Skaggs already owned 428 stores in ten different states. His business doubled in size that year and he renamed his Skaggs stores as “Safeway” stores. The name was a reference to buying the “safe way” through cash instead of credit, which at that time in history (close to the Great Depression) was putting many families in debt. Fast-forward to today, Safeway accepts credit cards as well as cash and is more popular than ever.