Browse the current Stop and Shop Circular Sale, valid October 23 – October 29, 2020. Don’t miss the Stop & Shop Flyer for this week, and get great savings on groceries or fresh produce. For every day exclusive savings use the retailer shopping card and save Every Day Low Prices tag, Wow tag or Bonus […]
Browse the current Stop and Shop Ad Sale, valid October 16 – October 22, 2020. Don’t miss the Stop & Shop Weekly Circular, and save even more with digital coupons and rewards. For every day exclusive savings use the retailer shopping card and save Every Day Low Prices tag, Wow tag or Bonus Buy Savings […]
Browse Stop & Shop Weekly Ad Circular. Get this week Stop and Shop Circular & Flyer Sale, grocery deals and household savings. Save big with the grocery retailer circular sale specials and offers.
Stop & Shop is the largest supermarket chain store in southern New England, operating around 400 stores and employing around 82,000 workers. Stop & Shop’s motto is “Great Food. Low Prices. Friendly Service.” Stop & Shop has built a reputation around all three.
Customers can shop for groceries (especially dry goods and non-perishables, snack foods, and frozen foods), as well as a variety of household items. A seasonal section offers décor for different holidays, and there is even a section for toys, games, and books. Pet owners can shop for toys, accessories, and pet food in the pet department. Customers who want to save money can look for specials in-store, or they can have a look at the weekly ad circular.
Stop & Shop Services:
• Pharmacy for OTC and prescription medications and refills. Buyers can shop for groceries and housewares while they wait for their prescriptions to be filled.
• Walk-in flu shots are available.
• A florist is available for seasonal arrangements and special occasions.
• Some Stop & Shop locations offer gas stations.
• Home delivery service is available to customers who would rather shop online and skip going to the store altogether. This service is offered for groceries as well as flowers.
• The Stop & Shop weekly ad is a great place to look for coupons.
Stop & Shop Store History
Stop & Shop was first founded by Solomon and Jeanie Rabinovitz. In 1892, they opened a grocery store in the North End of Boston called the “Greenie Store.” This location closed in 1908 and never became a Stop & Shop, but it was the Rabinovitz family’s first foray into the supermarket industry.
Using the experience they built up at the Greenie Store, they were able to open the first Stop & Shop in Somerville, Massachusetts, in 1914, where it was known as an Economy Grocery Store. Stop & Shop pioneered the self-service model of retailing, and has gone on to become one of the most successful regional grocery stores in the Northeast.